Moon Nicaragua (Moon Handbooks)
Moon Travel Guides: Your World, Your Way
From lush coffee country to tropical beaches and soaring volcanoes, Nicaragua is Latin America's diamond in the rough. Inside Moon Nicaragua you'll find:
- Strategic itineraries for any timeline or budget, ranging from the two-week best of Nicaragua to a boat trip down the Ro San Juan, designed for ecotourists, culture mavens, and adrenaline junkies
- Detailed maps and full-color photos throughout
- Top activities and unique ideas: Hike rocky volcanoes (part of the famed Ring of Fire) or go pueblo-hopping through the Segovia mountains and Jinotega highlands. Take in the elegant colonial architecture of Managua and the city's thriving city nightlife. Surf incredible waves or float in languid turquoise waters. Wander ancient archaeological sites, snorkel with sea turtles, or try volcano boarding, the local sport of sledding down mountains of black ash
- The best spots for sports and recreation, including surfing, whitewater rafting, snorkeling and scuba diving
- Expert insight from local writer Joshua Berman
- Honest advice on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay, from beachy resorts to homestays at coffee farms
- Thorough information on health and safety, the landscape, climate, wildlife, and local culture, including a Spanish phrasebook
- Full coverage of Managua, Granada and Masaya, La Isla de Ometepe, San Juan del Sur, Len and the Volcanic Cordillera, Estel and the Segovias, the Matagalpa and Jinotega Highlands, Chontales and Cattle Country, Solentiname and the Ro San Juan, Bluefields and the Corn Island, and Puerto Cabezas and the Ro Coco
Exploring more of Central America? Check out Moon Costa Rica or Moon Belize.
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.