Wine Tasting, Third Edition: A Professional Handbook (Food Science And Technology)
From OIV-award-winning author, Ronald S. Jackson, Wine Tasting: A Professional Handbook, Third Edition, is an essential guide for any professional or serious connoisseur seeking to understand both the theory and practice of wine tasting. From techniques for assessing wine properties and quality, including physiological, psychological, and physicochemical sensory evaluation, to the latest information on the types of wine, the author guides the reader to a clear and applicable understanding of the wine tasting process.
With its inclusion of illustrative data and testing technique descriptions, the book is ideal for both those who train tasters, those involved in designing wine tastings, and the connoisseur seeking to maximize their perception and appreciation of wine.
- Contains revised and updated coverage, notably on the physiology and neurology of taste and odor perception
- Includes expanded coverage of the statistical aspect of wine tasting (specific examples to show the process), qualitative wine tasting, wine language, the origins of wine quality, and food and wine combination
- Provides a flow chart of wine tasting steps and production procedures
- Presents practical details on wine storage and the problems that can occur both during and following bottle opening
- Publish Date: 2017-01-25
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Ronald S. Jackson
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.