Davis'S Drug Guide For Nurses + Resource Kit Cd-Rom
The information nurses needwhen, where, and how they need it!
Todays most comprehensive nursing drug guide emphasizes safety 1st!
Daviss Drug Guide for Nurses, Twelfth Edition always puts safety firstemphasizing the information nurses need to know to administer medications competently and safelyacross the lifespan. Well-organized monographs for hundreds of generic and thousands of trade name drugs reflect the latest FDA approvals and changes.
The TWELFTH EDITION at a glance
- NEW and UPDATED CONTENT
- NEW! Free, 1-year subscription to Drug Guide Online (DrugGuide.com) featuring over 1,500 complete drug monographs, the latest FDA approvals, and much more.
- NEW & UNIQUE! Pharmacogenomic content.
- UPDATED! Thoroughly reviewed, revised, and updated monographs.
- UPDATED! Evidence-based content related to pharmacotherapeutics.
- UPDATED! Full-color insert, including photographs of Tall Man, high alert, and commonly seen drugs.
- NEW! Additional headings for special populations.
- EXPANDED! Herbal content.
- UPDATED! Cost information for 200 top drugs.
- UPDATED! Nursing diagnoses.
- UPDATED! FREE mobile download of 100 complete drug monographs.
- UPDATED & UNIQUE! Psychotropic Drugs Tutorial depicts the safe administration of psychotropic medication and includes monograph content for select psychotropic drugs and a multiple-choice self-test.
- UPDATED! Wound Care Tutorial provides a photographic overview of the different types of wounds and wound care products as well as a self-test, with answers and rationales.
- UPDATED! FREE, mobile download of 100 complete drug monographs.
- Well-structured and readable
- Organized by generic drug name, with an index that includes generic and trade names, classifications, combination drugs, and herbals.
- An engaging, easy-to-read style.
Safety 1st with Unique clinical and learning tools!
Resource Kit CD-ROM (Mac & PC Compatible)
This is not your ordinary drug guide CD-ROM! Completely revised and updated, Daviss Drug Guide, Twelfth Edition CD-ROM is a complete Resource Kit with tools students and clinicians need to administer medications safety and competently.
UPDATED & UNIQUE! Preventing Medication Errors Tutorial provides
- a medication safety review
- a self test with real-life scenarios
- physician orders
- rationales for correct and incorrect answers
- UPDATED! Interactive Case Studies offer brief real-life scenarios followed by a series of questions. Results can be printed or e-mailed.
- UPDATED! Drug Search Program offers easy access to nearly 700 drug monographs with audio pronunciations. (Copy, paste, and print each one.)
- NEW! Calculator for Body Mass Index (BMI) as well as calculators for metric conversions, IV drip rates, dosage/kg calculations, and Fahrenheit/Celsius.
- NEW! Audio Library for nearly 1,000 drug names from the Daviss Drug Guide for Nurses database.
Wound Care Clinical Sheet, pocket sized and printable, offers a quick review of pressure ulcer prevention strategies
- wound assessment
- pressure ulcer stages and treatment
- wound care products
NEW and ENHANCED CLINICAL and LEARNING TOOLS
- NEW! Interactive Flash cards.
- UPDATED! Case Studies.
- NEW! Audio podcasts.
- NEW! Calculator for Body Mass Index (BMI).
NEW and ENHANCED TEACHING RESOURCES
- NEW! Electronic Test Bank.
- UPDATED! PowerPoint presentations.
- UPDATED! Case Studies.
- UPDATED! Classroom Activities.
SAFETY 1ST WITH ALL OF THE STRENGTHS THAT HAVE MADE IT THE DRUG GUIDE OF CHOICE YEAR AFTER YEAR!
- Nursing practice
- All 5 steps of the nursing process.
- The Joint Commissions guidelines on pain management.
- Vulnerable patient populations across the lifespan in each monograph.
- Extensive coverage of IV administration,in both the Pharmacology and Nursing Implications sections, highlighted by special subheads, with specific information on
- dilution, concentration, and rate
- clinical precautions
- direct IV administration
- intermittent or continuous infusions
- lifespan considerations
- IV compatibilities and incompatibilities
- Patient safety and preventing medication errors
- More high-alert coverage and patient safety information than any other drug guide.
Life-threatening side effects
- most frequently encountered problems
- do not confuse with, do not crush, break, or chew medications
- how to avoid common errors, where appropriate.
- Drug-drug, drug-natural products, and drug-food interactions.
- How to administer medication safely by all routes, with information on
- preparation and mixture of oral meds
- methods for parenteral administration, toxicity and signs of overdose
- dosing considerations for patients with renal or hepatic impairment
- much more!
- Thorough Patient and Family Teaching Guidelines.
- Publish Date: 2010-06-14
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Judith Hopfer Deglin PharmD April Hazard Vallerand PhD RN FAAN Cynthia A. Sanoski BS PharmD FCCP BCPS
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.