Hack And Hhvm: Programming Productivity Without Breaking Things
How can you take advantage of the HipHop Virtual Machine (HHVM) and the Hack programming language, two new technologies that Facebook developed to run their web servers? With this practical guide, Owen Yamauchia member of Facebooks core Hack and HHVM teamsshows you how to get started with these battle-tested open-source tools.
Youll explore static typechecking and several other features that separate Hack from its PHP origins, and learn how to set up, configure, deploy, and monitor HHVM. Ideal for developers with basic PHP knowledge or experience with other languages, this book also demonstrates how these tools can be used with existing PHP codebases and new projects alike.
- Learn how Hack provides static typechecking while retaining PHPs flexible, rapid development capability
- Write typesafe code with Hacks generics feature
- Explore HHVM, a just-in-time compilation runtime engine with full PHP compatibility
- Dive into Hack collections, asynchronous functions, and the XHP extension for PHP
- Understand Hacks design rationale, including why it omits some PHP features
- Use Hack for multitasking, and for generating HTML securely
- Learn tools for working with Hack code, including PHP-to-Hack migration
- Publish Date: 2015-09-26
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Owen Yamauchi
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.