Lonely Planet The Bahamas (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet The Bahamas is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore the massive barrier reef in Andros, spot a famous star or starlet strolling down Pink Sands Beach, or snorkel with color-changing octopi; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the Bahamas and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet The Bahamas Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, music, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 43 local maps
- Useful features - including What's New, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Travel with Children
- Coverage of Nassau, New Providence, Andros, the Biminis, Abacos, Harbour Island, Paradise Island, Exuma Cays, Grand Bahama, Turks & Caicos, the Cat & San Salvador Islands, Eleuthera, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet The Bahamas, our most comprehensive guide to the Bahamas, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Caribbean Islands guide for a comprehensive look at what the whole region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Emily Matchar, and Tom Masters.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
- Publish Date: 2011-09-01
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Lonely Planet Emily Matchar Tom Masters
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.